Tuesday 1 April 2014

Q6: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


We used a camera, shot gun microphone, individual microphones, headphones, clapper board and Adobe premiere Pro to make our sequence.



I found using the camera really exciting as it was a lot of responsibility. Having a small screen meant that most of the time I was in control of the composition and movement of the camera although I adhered generally closely to the shot schedule.

I also liked being able to experiment with editing the sequence by adding new sequence and fine editing the clips to add a different view point on the narrative. I then would ask for approval from the rest of the group and we would sometimes add the new idea into the actual opening of Pulled from the Rough.


The clapperboard proved very useful for editing. It allowed us to quickly identify shots and be able to reference them correctly.
We used Adobe Premiere Pro for non-linear editing which consisted of two video and two audio tracks so we could alternate the clips between them.

To create our institutional titles we used LiveType on the Apple Mac. I found using the Mac quite difficult as I wasn't familiar with it. This caused the making of our titles to be slower as I had to sort things out when they went wrong.


These technologies used together allowed us to produce a seamless sequence that suspends the audience’s disbelief. Technology played a huge role in our communication such as the use of our facebook group and Whatsapp conversations. This meant that we mostly had our decisions recorded so there was time saved. I frequently used my phone to take pictures of notes and material so I could still work on planning while I was not near a computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment